YCD Multimedia Releases Version 3.8 of Cnario Digital Signage Suite at ISE 2016
The latest update brings new features, video acceleration and network enhancements to ISE 2016
New York, February 3, 2016 – YCD Multimedia, the leading global provider of advanced digital signage software solutions, announces version 3.8 of its popular Cnario Digital Signage Suite. The latest release is a significant update to the platform and includes a host of new features as well as scalability and infrastructure upgrades.
- Network Module – An all new content distribution workflow & distribution server that can dramatically accelerate large content deployments often used in today’s pixel perfect, high resolution video walls.
- New Codec and Enhanced 4K Support – Native support for H.265 and VP9, support for multiple 4K outputs per player, and better utilization of existing hardware.
- HTML5 Enhancements – include Widget Control – a “back end” control interface allowing users to customize the appearance of their HTML5 app (widget) right from the CMS, support for multi-GPU environments, and an update to Cnario’s (Chromium compatible) HTML5 engine.
These latest updates compliment the HTML5 and content capabilities made in version 3.7.1 last year to offer even greater capability and flexibility in advanced video wall content support.
Version 3.8 also brings key scalability and infrastructure upgrades:
- GPU Accelerated Video Decoding – the new player offers significant performance improvement by tasking one or more GPUs with decoding video files – a task typically reserved for the CPU. BY utilizing the GPUs’ more powerful mathematical processing, an increased number of video files (on both 1080p and 4K) can now be played back, even on low cost/low power hardware.
- New Player API – full bi-directional query and control API using today’s web communications protocols.
- Hardware Framelock / Genlock – in applications where absolute frame lock synchronization is required, Cnario player can now integrate with the AMD FirePro S400 Synchronization Module to lock the outputs of one or more players together so that they “present” frames at exactly the same time.
- Windows 10 & Direct X 11 support – Cnario 3.8 supports the latest operating system and takes advantage of the higher performance offered by DirectX 11.
“These new features can be considered game changers in the world of video walls and large canvas digital signage” says Eran Sharon, VP of Product Management for YCD Multimedia. “It is the most comprehensive release we’ve offered in recent years. Whether in retail, transportation, corporate, or hospitality, this version blends best in class usability and the features organizations need to attract, engage, and inform today’s audiences”.
Cnario Digital Signage Suite version 3.8 will be available in Q2 in new or upgrade licenses. Additional product details can be found on ycdmultimedia.com
104 West 27th St.
New York, NY 10001